Gifted & Talented 2
As I was drawing this, I remembered being told off by my son last year for using a “VERY rude word”. Couldn’t think what it could be as I never, EVER swear. Well not that day, and not THAT rude. Anyway, he’d seen a letter I’d written and at the top of the second page was “…/Cont.” How I’d like to sit in on their English lessons sometimes.
What do you think? Am I just tapping into the Zeitgeist or is this blog more influential than I ever thought possible? I gave the name Esmé in these cartoons to the cleverest of the Heir Raising children just to find out a popular primetime TV programme has COPIED me!! We sat down to watch ‘Outnumbered‘ the other night in order to feel both smug and terrified, and I thought five things:
- Ben can’t be thirteen – he’s enormous. Can he ?!?
- How come Karen’s hair was straightened and dyed brown without any explanation?
- Has she gone to a private school or a high-achieving designer-uniformed Grammar?
- Would I even have bothered to humour her about a hamster missing for two months?
- Why did they use the name Esmé for the annoying, smart kid? That’s ‘MY’ name.
- Does any of this really matter? I suspect not. But look forward to the best answers !